Sunday, March 22, 2020

How to Shop for Lawn Mowers When You Would Literally Rather Do Anything Else

Ah yes, the grass is turning green as Spring arrives. Along with the house, I have a hilly property that spans nearly three acres filled with trees and shrubs, which is why I lean toward a zero-turn model. For many years my grandfather tended to his property with a trusty Walker zero-turn lawn mower. I've always been partial to the Walker brand mowers; I grew up with them since my father owns one as well. But since Heidi was nearly killed by a well-used Walker mower, our families have been less than enthusiastic about me owning one. Heidi has sweetly given me permission to own a Walker if that's what I truly want, but the controls on a Walker are such that it would be impossible for her to operate the mower single-handedly. Some people say "well that's just fine. Heidi shouldn't be on a lawn mower" but I disagree. Heidi is perfectly capable and extremely competent. Even experienced equipment operators get harmed or killed when safeties are bypassed or disabled; I don't hold Heidi responsible for her accident on the lawn mower. So what lawn mowers do you recommend, my dear readers? There are plenty of contenders out there: Husler, Grasshopper, Gravely, John Deere, Cub Cadet...

Hello, my name is Shawn. I'm looking for a used zero-turn mower and my budget is $3,000 and a roll of toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment